The course shows how to make selections, refine the selections with masks, and then combine them in new ways, using layer effects, blend modes, and other techniques to create a single seamless piece of artwork. Deke introduces the Channels panel and the alpha channel, the key to masking and transparency in Photoshop; reviews the selection tools, including the Color Range tool, Quick Mask mode, and the Refine Edge command; and shows how to blend masked images so they interact naturally. Exercise files accompany the course.
- The Masks and Channels panels
- How color channels work
- Making an alpha channel
- Painting inside a mask
- Making shapes of specific sizes
- Making a good selection with the Magic Wand
- Selecting an eye
- Masking and blending a texture into skin
- Painting a texture into an eye
- A terrific use for Color Range
- Starting with an accurate selection
- Choosing the ideal base channel
Along with the free video training tutorials you will also receive monthly offers, tips, and insider information you won't hear elsewhere--including special discounts extended to newsletter subscribers.
After taking advantage of the free video training, you can access all of their video tutorials by becoming a member of the Online Training Library®. Membership plans start at $25 per month, and require no long-term commitment.